Sunday, December 3, 2017

My Favorite Roasted Veggie Medley Recipe

I love to create new ways to eat vegetables - from seasoning and herbs, to creative uses and ways to cook them, there seems to be endless options for me to try. However, when it comes to autumn and winter squashes and other seasonal veggies, I tend to go back to a veggie medley that is seasoned with an unexpected dash of yum: Jamaican jerked seasoning.

Whaaat? Yes, Jamaican jerked seasoning. With its subtle hints of cinnamon and spice, it pairs so well with the sweetness of the sweet potatoes and squash, but adds enough savory notes with its spicy pepper seasonings for other veggies, such as red-skinned potatoes and zucchini.

Below, I share with you a short video walking you through the simple and easy steps to make a vegetable medley of your own... I make this for dinner so often because it's incredibly easy to make and fairly quick - once it goes into the oven, you simply set your timer and go. It allows me to multi-task because I'm a #BossWoman who is always busy in the evenings. ;-)

Ingredients:

- Any vegetables you like!:
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Zucchini
  • Mushrooms
  • Onion
  • Any winter squash
  • Peppers
  • Etc.
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Jamaican Jerk seasoning (the one I used is from Pampered Chef)
- Black pepper

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lay parchment paper down on baking sheet. Chop up your veggies. Mix oil and seasonings in a large bowl until well mixed. Toss veggies into oil mixture until well coated and place onto baking sheets evenly. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until fully cooked. Enjoy!



Let me know if you try and enjoy it!

Happy eating,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment